Subject: Re: mysterious problems from floating-point emulation?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Damiano Giorgi <damianogiorgi@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/2004 15:28:39
Bruce ONeel wrote:

> I tried to figure out why my (theoritically) not
> broken LC040 system seemed to get a randomally trashed stack
> when it hit an F instruction but I was never sucessful.

How do you tell if your LC040 is broken or not? I've got an LC 475, and
I've always been wondering whether its LC040 is a "good" or a "bad" one. Is
there some kind of test you can run? Or maybe looking at some serial number
on the chip?

Anyway, since I installed the softfloat sets on your site, the old pizza
box has never ever segfaulted again. Thanks for compiling those sets, and
for making them available!

Cheers,

Damiano Giorgi