Subject: Re: duo 230 panic
To: Shane Madden <joethebarber@earthlink.net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/2004 02:15:09
Hi,

At 11:03 PM -0700 04.2.25, Shane Madden wrote:

>So, no go on the dock.  It's a Newer Ether MicroDock.  So the
>if_netdock_newbus.c isn't working.  Hmm.

What's version of kernel running on your Duo 230 currently?
Duo 230 requires both FPE and 'netdock'. Formal release doesn't support
'netdock'. -current does it, but Duo 230 gets 'kernel FPU trap' and drops
into db> on 1.6Z.
This is the reason why I need a new kernel for '030 FPU-less 68K Macs.

For Duo 210/230 + Asante NetDock/Newer Ether MicroDock users,
I put 2 kernels made by Takeo Kuwata in Jul 2002.
http://www.pp.iij4u.or.jp/~happyday/index.html
(sorry, I don't have anonymous ftp server)

netbsd-INSTALLSBC_153_DUO.gz
kern.tgz

I freshly installed this kernel again today (with using sysinst via ftp),
and it works fine on 1.5.3 userland. Please try them if you like :)

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga