Subject: Re: mysterious problems from floating-point emulation?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/2004 16:02:51
Hi,

I think my patches (from http://edoneel.chaosnet.org/Downloads.html)
work on other systems other than mac68k.  I know they (at least)
work on Amigas.  The patches change the m68k code not the mac68k
code so other 68k systems should work as well.

If I didn't make a mistake, setting MKSOFTFLOAT to "yes" before
building will make the softfloat build, and, probably best,
unsetenv MKSOFTFLOAT and then the regular fpu build is done.

I've only really tested the MKSOFTFLOAT to yes option.

If someone would like to dig into the fpe code that would
be great.  I tried to figure out why my (theoritically) not
broken LC040 system seemed to get a randomally trashed stack
when it hit an F instruction but I was never sucessful.  My
basically 0 knowledge of the 68k arch was probably to blame.

cheers

bruce