Subject: duo 230 panic
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Shane Madden <joethebarber@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/2004 22:21:01
Ok, I'm trying to install netbsd on a pimped out duo 230 (24 mb ram,
350 mb hd, ethernet minidock, the works ;) ) and when I run the booter
I get the message:

panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV

Now, there are records of this error in the list archives, with one
specific reference (strangely, the oldest entry) of success, stating
that the problem is due to the video not being recognized.  This is at
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2000/11/08/0000.html . Indeed
this is the case as there is nothing recognizing video during the boot.
  It says that a version of daishi kato's kernel works.  I can't find a
copy for the life of me and all the links are dead.  It was stated
somewhere that those fixes were worked into the generic kernel at
version 1.5.  This is obviously not the case as the duo 230 is still
listed as having unsupported video.  By the way I'm using kernel
version 1.5.. not that this should make a difference, the problem that
was solved and forgotten about way back when is still listed as being a
problem today.  Any help is greatly appreciated..
Shane