Subject: Re: virtual terminals?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/2004 20:53:05
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

>Most of the m68k packages were built on an Amiga, by John Klos.
>Unfortunately, "dt" uses mac68k-specific features, so it doesn't build
>easily on the Amiga. (You'd have to set up a full cross compiler.) Are
>there any NetBSD developers running 1.6.2/mac68k, who could build and
>upload "dt"?

I've built it from source on 1.6.0...this is not a hard or lengthy process.

>I made some minor changes to the package last November, to build on
>current, and it worked fine. The biggest problem with it now, is that
>it only works in 1-bit resolution, so I have to reboot to switch to
>and from X. Plus, I confess my fingers have gotten used to "screen".

The docs I've read must be horribly outdated...I thought we were limited
to booting 1-bit video on the 68k Macs.  Please, tell me I can use
higher bit depth video now!  (Of course, my main NetBSD machine is a
SE/30, so it won't make any difference until the Q840 is running.)

Tim