Subject: Re: pkg_add problems and pkgsrc problems
To: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
From: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/2004 15:45:40
At 4:54 PM -0600 2/23/04, Tim McNamara wrote:
>On Feb 22, 2004, at 12:25 PM, Tom Jernigan wrote:
>
>>Sorry about not replying earlier on what I did to fix my pkgsrc and
>>pkg_add problems, but I got so busy I didn't have time.
>>
>>I updated to the latest version of /usr/src via CVS from the 1.6
>>release branch.
>
>Do you mean /usr/pkgsrc rather than /usr/src?

No, I mean /usr/src.
The problem seems to be in the package tools themselves. This url
tells you how to get the sources:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/updating.html

They do take quite a bit of space, however. I have a 2gig drive, and
with both pkgsrc and src and normal install of 1.6.1, I using about
70% of my drive.

>>Then I treated it like a security update (since I really don't
>>quite know all that the following incantation does, in particular
>>the usetools part):
>>
>>  cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install
>
>I don't have a "pkg_install" in any sbin directory on my hard drive.
>Should this actually be:

      cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install

>or something else (do you really have a "usr.sbin" directory)?

I do have a /usr/sbin which is where the /usr/src/usr.sbin sources
put their output.

--
Tom Jernigan, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Presently at General Atomics, San Diego, California (858) 455-4122