Subject: Re: Browsers
To: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
From: Shigeki UNO <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/22/2004 17:55:23
Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

> Are there any modern X-based browsers for mac68k 1.6.1?  mMosaic will
> build, but mis-renders even simple html.  Mosaic will not build
> without having to get around the "unacceptable" license, but would I
> suspect have the same problems with rendering html.  None of the
> mozilla variants will build from pkgsrc and none are available as
> prebuilt binaries in the package system.  galeon will not build as it
> requires mozilla be installed first (not the cleverest coding, that).
> dillo is DOA, crashing instantly after launching.

http://teki.jpn.ph/pc/software/index-e.shtml

 There's a nice unofficial patch for Dillo-0.8.0 there. Why won't you give
it a try?

And if you have enough disk space on your mac68k, emulating debian/m68k (linux-mac68k)
might be an another choice. "cause mozilla is able to run on debian for mac68k.

I've never tried that, though... Has anyone ever tried?

# I've been running FireFox under Win2k these days. :p

Regards,

--- su