Subject: FPU-less '030 support
To: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/2004 23:52:42
At 4:13 PM +0100 04.2.18, Bruce ONeel wrote:

>I'll try to add the SMALLRAM kernel to my build.  Would you
>like me to do a 1.6.1 build of the SMALLRAM kernel or
>would it be ok for me just to add this in the future?

Hi,
Thank you very much for your mention about SMALLRAM kernel. I'm
sorry that I've not tested your lc040-kernel on my fpu-less '030s yet.

I'll try to install your lc040-binary set to Macintosh LCIII+ without
FPU in this weekend with pleasure :)
Would you please tell me what shuld I test on it?

About SMALLRAM, (is it made for Macintosh IIci?), I think we need
to change some options for those fpu-less '030s.
For example, my ClassicII and PB165 need 'se* SCSI ethernet' support.
Duo 210 (and 230) needs netdock support.

About instkernel, there is same problem. If it didn't support those
networking devices, the installation was not so happy.
We need fpu-less '030's instkernel (in the future), too.

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga