Subject: Re: Second Chances...
To: Mark Benson <markbenson@mac.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/2004 20:36:54
At 11:42 PM +0000 2/17/04, Mark Benson wrote:
>OK, following  Kazuyuki Inanaga's advice I have re-installed thusly:
>
>/ - 150MB
><swap> - 136MB (2 x 68MB - the old UNIX swap calculation)
>/usr - 2945MB
>/var - 200MB
>/tmp - 150MB
>/home - 250MB

Hi Mark,
IMHO, unnecessarily complex partitioning with today's filesystems.
The root partition is traditionally kept separate in order to stop it
from filling up, but other than that it's not necessary to partition
that way (drives used to be small so those separate "partitions" used
to be entire separate drives).

>Localtalk to Ethernet Bridge?  Is this possible?

As Joshua mentioned, all other requests are easily done from pkgsrc
as well as from binary packages. However, localtalk is not supported
at all, so it cannot act as a bridge between ethernet & localtalk
(and isn't likely to be supported anytime soon).

HTH
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.