Subject: Second Chances...
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Benson <markbenson@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/2004 23:42:50
OK, following  Kazuyuki Inanaga's advice I have re-installed thusly:

/ - 150MB
<swap> - 136MB (2 x 68MB - the old UNIX swap calculation)
/usr - 2945MB
/var - 200MB
/tmp - 150MB
/home - 250MB
Mac OS 8.1 - 500MB

Currently SYSINST is still installing.

I would like to get running, in order of preference, the following:

A good Shell (probably BASH)
AppleTalk sharing <netatalk> (done this in Linux using binaries)
Localtalk to Ethernet Bridge?  Is this possible?
Samba sharing (also been done many times, but with binaries)
NFS sharing (I'm dying to see if I can ever get this to mount in OS X)
Apache
X-Windows
Some sort of GUI with a windowed filer
Other X-apps - not bothered how slow they are.

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate
MSN - mark.benson@hot-toast.com
Visit FlatPackMacs online: <http://fpm.68kmac.com>

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
				-The Matrix