Subject: Re: Question about X
To: <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/2004 22:41:34
On Feb 15, 2004, at 9:39 PM, Joshua Coombs wrote:

> [...]

Thanks,  what I was wondering about was an *existing* process- e.g.,
I'm running a compile in an xterm which seems to be running far, far
slower than it ought (more than 24 hours now) and thinking that
eliminating competing processes such as the X server, xterms, etc.,
might help speed things up.

As far as the other stuff you mentioned, I have no idea whatsoever
about how to do any of those things...  ;-)  Heck, I can't even make
sendmail go away and stop bitching about being unable to qualify the
hostname despite using every command line argument I've been able to
find in the docs and on the Web, and putting "sendmail=NO" in rc.conf
and rebooting.  It's "the sendmail that wouldn't die."  :-O