Subject: Re: nubus 8-24GC memory
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/14/2004 11:25:58
> > I had one of these way back when they were new, and I remember that the
> > extra RAM was just used by the GC software.  Under Mac OS, with the
> > accelerator software installed, the video card is noticeably faster
> > with extra RAM.  Yet, under NetBSD the extra RAM is pointless, unless
> > of course you are writing some code to run on that AMD chip.
>
> I also would like to say "arigatou" to Cameron Kaiser for his
> wonderful and detailed reply.
> I'm a card collector. I have not got that nice card yet, maybe someday :)

Doo itashimashite :) They're not that hard to find here, though. I've been
able to outfit most of my Macs with one with a minor amount of searching.
Shikashi, Nihon de motto muzukashii deshoo kedo ... ^^;

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- "I'd love to go out with you, but I've dedicated my life to linguini." -----