Subject: Re: PowerBook Duo 230 (68030 -fpu)
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Lucas Reddinger <listbox@wingedleopard.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/2004 22:29:21
Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> Macintosh Duo Dock
>
> I don't know the recent status about Macintosh Duo Docks, maybe they
> are
> not supported yet. Does anyone have a information about Duo Dock
> support?

So I probably will not be able to use the floppy drive that I can attach
to a dock? Or will I be able to attach it using the NewerTech Ether
MicroDock?

> There are 2 small Docks which are already supported, Asante NetDock
> and
> Newer Ether MicroDock.

Great. I found two NewerTech Ether MicroDocks on eBay. I jumped on one.
:D

> Unfortunately, the formal release doesn't contain the option
> "netdock".
> So, we need -current and maybe some works to catch up 1.6Zx.
> (I haven't done it yet nor not tested on netbsd-1-6-PATCH002-RC4)

So how would I go about installing this onto the Duo? I guess I have to
rely on the MacOS to do the install, then if I get into NetBSD without
having a way to get files onto it, won't I be stuck?

> http://edoneel.chaosnet.org/Downloads.html
> "Prebuilt NetBSD 1.6.1 for LC040 Macs"

Great. Thanks for all of your help.

Lucas Reddinger