Subject: Re: Asante MCiLC-10T Mac PDS Support?
To: Joey C <joeyjwc@rcn.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/10/2004 21:54:55
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:37:09PM -0500, Joey C wrote:
> Here is my connection:
> Mac/Asante MC* -- Cable Modem
> There are no routers or hubs.  I have my card connected directly to the cable
> modem.  It I put a 10Mbps HUB in, do you think that it would fix my problem
> even though I have no other connections to my cable modem (I haven't had the
> time to go out and buy a router yet)?

Did you build/use a cross-over cable?  If not, that could be your
problem.  Putting in a dumb hub or a router/switch would solve the
problem, if that's it.  I'm not sure how cable modems are designed,
but I suspect they don't do auto-crossover.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/