Subject: Re: Resetting networking parameters
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/2004 14:10:37
--bNLLTo5eXWXFd6av

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 05:34:00PM -0600, Tim McNamara wrote:
> 1.  Is there a test I can run to make sure that everything is=20
> consistent before rebooting (e.g., making sure I've got all the files=20
> with IP addresses fixed)?

It's impossible to know which packages you have installed that care
about your hosts IP address, so no.

For basic connectivity, if you've fixed /etc/hosts and
/etc/hostname.ifN (or specified a hostname rather than an IP address
in the latter), you're done.

> 2.  Do I have to reboot to get the new networking information active,=20
> or is there a way to do it without rebooting?

ifconfig(8)

> 3.  At this point I'm still using my personal box (Mac OS X 10.3.2) as=20
> the Web server until I get apache installed on my NetBSD/mac68k (Quadra=
=20
> 700).  pkg_add complained that the available version 2.0.44, IIRC) =20
> from the package system had conflicts.  Has that been a problem in=20
> anyone's experience?

Without a more specific description of the error message you got,
it's hard to answer that question.

It sounds like you tried to install a binary package for the wrong
version of NetBSD.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net