Subject: Re: Dumb error locking me out of root
To: Tom Jernigan <jernigantc@ornl.gov>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/2004 23:45:17
On Feb 3, 2004, at 9:39 PM, Tom Jernigan wrote:

> You can try su -m, which uses the shell you're in. I assume it'll work
> even if the root shell is screwed up.

No such luck, but thanks for the suggestion.  su -m, su -c, etc. all
complain that there is no such file as "usr/pkg/bin/bash" which, of
course, I already know.  toor is nonfunctional, apparently by default,
so that option is not available.

This is becoming vexatious.  If "sudo" was present by default, the
problem would be readily solvable.  I think I saw that on the ftp
server, so I'll have to get that installed.

I think that this point I'm going to have to kill in the hard way, boot
into single user mode and fix it from there.  I hope I can boot into
single user mode, that is.