Subject: Re: Getting a MacOS 7.x boot disk
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/28/2004 13:57:44
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At 0:04 PM +0000 04.1.28, David Brownlee wrote:
> >	I've just picked up an SE/30 with a unbootable MacOS installation
> >	(even with shift held down). Hopefully its just the install and
> >	not hardware...
>
> Yes, I hope so.
> Do you hear the boot sound? What do you see on the screen?

	It starts to load, says "Welcome to Macintosh" (with Extensions
	off if shift is held down), then dies with a bomb window but
	no message.

> >	What would be the best way to make a MacOS boot floppy, given
> >	access to a MacOSX G5 with USB floppy drive, and various PCs
> >	running NetBSD or Windows... Also - from where should I download
> >	the images?
>
> Download System 7.1 image disks (including System_Update_3.0):
> ftp://ftp.ucalgary.ca/pub/micros/mac/system/

	Great - would it make sense to add a link to these to the
	NetBSD/mac68k FAQ? Also, do you know if I can write them on a
	NetBSD/i386 (ideal) or MacOS X system?

	Thanks!

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --