Subject: Re: Re: Daystar Accelerators (Re: fpu trap with current from 2 Jan)
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/2004 10:29:15
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:

> For making faster SE/30, using high-speed HDD such as 7,200rpm or more
> is a good idea. As you know it makes nice performance.
> And also, configuring proper "system" -- for example, partitioning,
> mounting options (including mfs) and machine specific kernel -- is good
> idea. I don't know many about those, I guess, it might be very interesting.

	For disk IO on other platforms I've found using a 32k/4k block
	and fragment size on the partitions can help - it significantly
	increases the average transfer size to/from the disk. Also
	enabling softdep.

	I have an ebay-bought SE/30 inbound via the British postal service
	so I hope to soon be testing this on a mac68k myself :)

	I'd also like to say very well done set of pictures/pages!

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --