Subject: Re: Re: Daystar Accelerators (Re: fpu trap with current from 2 Jan)
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: None <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/2004 13:11:25
> From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
>
> I made webpages about "SE/40" (SE/30 + DayStar Turbo'040 44.44MHz).
> http://www.pp.iij4u.or.jp/~happyday/se40_index.html
>
> Those pages have many photos and benchmarks which comparing with
> SE/30 and some others. Please see if you like.
> Graphic web browser is required. If you're on a low bandwidth line,
> the pages might be heavy. sorry.

Beautiful pictures, beautiful machine.  Great job, and thank you for sharing!

Where do you get the Unix Bench tools?  I would like to get my own benchmarks before and after I install my accelerator too.  I believe it's the 50MHz DiiMO but don't hold me to that.  I like the idea of overclocking, but it makes me nervous.  How much of the power/heat problem do you think was due to the overclocked speed?

Have you tried any X apps?  My stock SE/30 is borderline acceptable with iceWM and a couple aterm windows open, though the screen is very small.  X in black and white is...amusing.

Thanks!
Tim

--
Tim & Alethea