Subject: Re: NuBus cards conflict (Re: Daystar Accelerators)
To: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/2004 16:53:24
Hi,

Thanks a lot to all for your kind advices. Now I know more about "interrupt".
My dictionary is not wrong, just I did misunderstand.

At 0:55 PM +0900 04.1.22, Yasufumi_Suzuki wrote:

>Supplementary examination
>Radius GS/C + Asante MacCom Ethernet card x 2 works is fine now.

I'm glad to hear that.

I have one more question about "Video Interrupt".

>Try1: Radius Video Vision Studio Upgrade
>dmesg wrote....
>--
>macvid0: at nubus0 slot c: Radius VideoVision
>macvid0: Unknown video card ID 0x55 -- Not installing interruput routine.
>macvid0: 1152 x 882, monochrome
>macfb0 at macvid0
>--

I'm looking sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/nubus.h and grf_nubus.c

grf_nubus.c:
340	default:
341		printf("%s: Unknown video card ID 0x%x --",
342		    sc->sc_dev.dv_xname, sc->card_id);
343		printf(" Not installing interrupt routine.\n");
344		break;

My queation is;
If Yasufumi send "Radius VideoVision Interrupt Information" to allen,
what does allen do next? (sorry for bothering, a outline is OK.)
I'd like to know what is needed for supporting a new video card.

I see 38(?) video cards in nubus.h, I have more (maybe 80 kinds)
including many unsupported (mostly high-end cards). I'd be very glad
if I could do a little help.

I've finished to make my own kernel for SE/40 just now. When I tried it
first time, I got;

>root file system type: ffs
>panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV
>--
>boot stoped here and fell into db>.

same db>. Because I didn't know SE/30 has "pseudo NuBus video", so I did
comment-out "NuBus video card" as below;

># Basic frame buffer support
>intvid0	at obio?			# Internal video hardware
>#macvid*	at nubus?			# NuBus video card

># Device-independent frame buffer interface
>macfb*	at intvid?
>#macfb*	at macvid?

This kicked me drop into "NODEV db>".

Cheers,