Subject: Re: NuBus cards conflict (Re: Daystar Accelerators)
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drkilloran@speakeasy.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/2004 11:12:39
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 10:21:45AM -0500, Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
> There is no obvious reason why one NuBus slot should be more
> important than another, so they are wired together.
> The software can control their relative importance by the order in
> which they are interrogated.

Well, kind of.  There are other ways to get that flexibility.  They
give each nubus slot some dedicated address space, it would make
as much sense to give each slot a dedicated interrupt.  It would
also be more robust because you could disable individual cards for
whatever reason.

But unless you were there at the time, it's hard to say for sure what
the reasoning is--we just have to deal with it now...  :-)

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/