Subject: Re: NuBus cards conflict (Re: Daystar Accelerators)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/2004 00:08:28
Hi,

To: yasufumi
  I'm very glad to share our happydays with you again. Thanks.

At 11:29 AM -0500 04.1.20, Allen Briggs wrote:

>The issue is that nubus interrupts are "wired-OR" so that if any
>nubus interrupt is active, it must be handled.  If we have any
>nubus cards that are recognized by NetBSD, we enable nubus interrupts.
>Most video cards have a vertical blanking interrupt which is left
>enabled by MacOS (or which can not be disabled).  So if you have one
>of these video cards that we do not support and a NIC that we do
>support, NetBSD will see the NIC, enable nubus interrupts, and then
>when the video blanking interrupt occurs, we are stuck because we
>do not know how to clear the video interrupt.
>
>Does this make sense?

Thanks a lot.
I'm reading hardly with a dictionary, I regret my poor english and
less understanding of NetBSD. The conception "interrupt" is difficult
to understand for me. My English-Japanese dictionary shows a strange
translation for "interrupt", and it makes me confused much ;)

Now I think I understand "interrupt" dimly. wait.. No, I've not yet because
I can't understand TAMA's case;

At 1:10 PM +0900 04.1.20, Yasufumi_Suzuki wrote:
>And now, my few
>video-cards were conflict NIC-cards in boot process, it's tragedy.

TAMA's IIci has Rudius GS/C and 2 Asante MacCon Ethernet, right?
Why do they make a conflict?

At 7:43 PM +0900 04.1.21, Yasufumi_Suzuki wrote:
>it probably has a sound like the problem of interrupt.

TAMA-san, make me sure what is happened on your IIci, more detail
please, thanks. (I wonder that I misunderstood your post.)

I also read Allen's page;
"Delving for Video Interrupt Information"
http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html

I appreciate your works.
I have a simple question. If I send Video Interrupt Information, it makes
less conflict? If all member send own card Interrupt Informations,
no more interrupt problem?

MacsBug_6.5.3.sit.hqx   The download link is changed.
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/Testing_-_Debugging/Debuggers_-_dcmds/

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga