Subject: Re: NuBus cards conflict (Re: Daystar Accelerators)
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/2004 11:29:26
On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 01:21:53AM +0900, Kazuyuki Inanaga wrote:
> Would you please tell me what cards combination makes that conflict?
> What is your NuBus NIC? (I have a lot of NuBus cards for spare. I expect
> if I may help you.)

The issue is that nubus interrupts are "wired-OR" so that if any
nubus interrupt is active, it must be handled.  If we have any
nubus cards that are recognized by NetBSD, we enable nubus interrupts.
Most video cards have a vertical blanking interrupt which is left
enabled by MacOS (or which can not be disabled).  So if you have one
of these video cards that we do not support and a NIC that we do
support, NetBSD will see the NIC, enable nubus interrupts, and then
when the video blanking interrupt occurs, we are stuck because we
do not know how to clear the video interrupt.

Does this make sense?

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/