Subject: Re: another ethernet/scsi question
To: Lucas Reddinger <listbox@wingedleopard.net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/2004 23:33:06
Hi,

At 2:01 AM -0700 04.1.12, Lucas Reddinger wrote:
>I know that this has been asked about _many_ times in the past. I do my
>research. Yes, I have an Asante EN/SC SCSI adapter. I also have the
>disks. Would anyone be interested in reverse engineering the drivers?
>It's not documentation, but it may be able to help with a driver, if
>someone is interested.

I think I have all kind of Asante EN/SC adapter including for PowerBooks.
I've tested them on NetBSD-1.6, but unfortunatly all of them didn't work.
They say that making Asante EN/SC driver for NetBSD is hard because
no source code is available.

What kind disks do you have? Is it a source code or ...?

>Anyone? If not, any tips before I embark on a long and painful
>adventure?

I have nothing, just guessing it might be "a long and painful adventure",
and I'm surely know they are waiting for "Asante EN/SC supported".
Good luck to your adventure. Please let us know when you get a progress.

Cheers,
Kazu Inanaga