Subject: Re: Daystar Accelerators (Re: fpu trap with current from 2 Jan)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: David Rogers <davidrogers23@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/2004 16:19:31
While we're on the topic of benchmarks.  I got the powercache or
whatever daystar software.  I've got a IIci with a turbo 040.  Here's
what i got with 100,000 runs through dry2

Microseconds for one run through Dhrystone:   25.4
Dhrystones per Second:                      39370.1

Not too shabby.  Now to see if i can get my radius rocket working.
OMG, this will certainly suck.

Although, I've managed to find a large amount of assembly code in the
resources of the RocketShare software.  They really took the Rocket
metaphor a long ways, Skylab this, SaturnV that.  Would it be possible
to incorporate some of this into a driver, I realize that lots of it
has references to MacOS functions(DebugStr, etc.).  Just a thought.

dave