Subject: Re: Daystar Accelerators (Re: fpu trap with current from 2 Jan)
To: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/2004 11:30:41
> > I actually don't have QuadControl installed, never have.
>
> Thanks for your quick reply, and sorry for bothering you. I know now
> the problems we have are different from each other. I quit to checkout
> -D 20031228-UTC src, anyway.
>
> I'm sure if you set QuadControl in your IIci, NetBSD-1.6.1 works more
> lively on it. Good luck to you on eBay.
>
> I didn't know that before Cameron Kaiser (a member of this list) told me
> kindly about the daystar patch for PowerCache '030. I believed that
> Control Panels in MacOS are not necessary for NetBSD machines.
>      Konnichiwa, Cameron-san :)

Konnichi wa, ikaga desu ka? :)

Correct; when I was using a Daystar PowerCache 50MHz '030 with my IIci, I
had a set of patches for 1.5.2. Unfortunately, I have not seen these patches
for 1.6.x unless they have already been added into the kernel source -- I'm
still using 1.5.x on my IIci.

For this to work, however, the PowerCache control panel had to be installed
and turned on in MacOS; otherwise, NetBSD could not see it.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- Everyone is entitled to my opinion. -- James Carpenter ---------------------