Subject: Re: Cabletron ethernet nubus and 1.6.1
To: Michael R.Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/2004 02:25:17
Hi,

I read nubus.h, if_snvar.h and if_ae_nubus.c, now I understand the reason.

CABLETRON is a special case.

APPLE ETHERNET NB       DP93934 SONIC-T
APPLE ETHERNET LC       DP93934 SONIC-T

ASANTE MC3NB              DP83902 ST-NIC
ASANTE MacLC III          DP83902 ST-NIC
ASANTE MCLC                DP83902

CABLETRON E6119 (NB)  DP83902
CABLETRON E9119 (LC)  DP83932

At 9:06 AM -0500 04.1.15, Michael R.Zucca wrote:
> Maybe the ae and sn drivers can be modified to check more than vendor
> ID to verify that the card is really an 8390 vs a SONIC. The sn driver
> could also be modified to check for the CABLETRON vendor, which it
> currently does not.

I tried to set CABLETRON Vendor type in if_snvar.h and nubus.h,
but I found myself immediately "I have NO skill to do that" :)
I shall be very glad if I'm a tester for that.

Thanks a lot,
Kazu Inanaga