Subject: Re: O(1) scheduler
To: David Rogers <davidrogers23@earthlink.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2004 15:29:34
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 12:42:58AM -0600, David Rogers wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to implement/port the linux 2.6
> scheduler in NetBSD?  I'm running linux on my ibook(I know, shame on
> me) and things are much snappier now with the latest kernel.

There are no plans to implement or port the linux 2.6 scheduler in
NetBSD.  There probably is room for improvement in the NetBSD
scheduler, though, and we're always happy to have people take a
look at improving the system in one way or another.  If you'd like
to take a look at the scheduler and propose changes, please do!

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/