Subject: Re: fpu trap with current from 2 Jan
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2004 17:29:36
Hi,

Thanks, but my boot sequence is a bit complex :-)

I have a powerbook 540 and first it boots macos.  Once booted I
set the date (because I'm too lazy to rip the whole thing apart
to replace the PRAM bat) but then I turn on ethertalk.  If I
don't turn on ethertalk I don't have an ethernet interface in
NetBSD.  My guess is that since it's a powerbook it does not
turn on the ethernet by default.

Then I start the NetBSD booter, unplug the ethernet cable, and
boot NetBSD.  I plug the ethernet cable back in once I have a login
prompt and things are fine.

If I don't unplug the ethernet cable, and/or wait too long I frequently,
though not always, get a crash.  This problem has been around
for 1.5.3, 1.6, and 1.6.1.

In my case though turning off appletalk didn't solve the problem.

Cheers

bruce