Subject: New 1.6.1 Install - won't boot
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Benson <markbenson@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/2004 08:19:16
I just installed NetBSD/mac68k Distribution 1.6.1 on my haxied LC475
(see: <http://homepage.mac.com/markbenson/q805.html>). It does have a
full 040 before anyone asks... :)

Anyhoo, install went smoothly while I was in bed overnight (I'm in the
UK and it's just turned 8:13am) and I managed to Build Devices
successfully also. Next stage, following Matt Theobold's Guide, is to
boot into single user mode. I can't, the booter just reports 'This
kernel is not in a format which the booter can exectue' and halts the
Boot.

I'm pretty dry about this - it's been a job and a half, first my 2GB
Seagate drive died, meaning I had to use a pair of 512MBs. One drive
has the NetBSD install on currently, along with a small Mac Partition
which will carry a stripped System 7.1 for the eventual finished setup,
as well as the Booter. The other drive, which will be formatted as mkfs
at a later stage, carries currently a 7.6.1 System (which is what I'm
running ATM) and all the packages and installation software I needed to
do the install. I'm running the Booter from the drive that has no
NetBSD stuff on - is this an issue?

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate
MSN - mark.benson@hot-toast.com
Visit FlatPackMacs online: <http://fpm.68kmac.com>

"Never send a human to do a machine's job."
				-The Matrix