Subject: Re: Cabletron ethernet nubus and 1.6.1
To: Taylor Raack <traack@mac.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/2003 17:21:42
On Dec 30, 2003, at 4:33 PM, Taylor Raack wrote:

> Hi, OK, this looks like something that I should check out.  By the
> way, the error I am
> getting is "ae0 at nubus0 slot e: failed to determine size of RAM."
> The card works
> fine under system 7.5.5, it just is not recognized by Netbsd.

The problem you're having rings a bell with me.  As I recall there are
multiple cards that match the "ae" driver probe.  I seem to recall
there being two variants of cards from Apple that did and the addresses
each used were different.  One of the cards I have probed and worked
fine with NetBSD 1.1 or 1.2, then someone came across a variant card
and the driver was updated with new addresses.  After that my card
wouldn't probe correctly.  I don't know if this is still the case as I
switched to a Sonic card.

I think I still have that old card and I'd be happy to pop it in and
see how it works now.

-bob