Subject: Re: Cabletron ethernet nubus and 1.6.1
To: Taylor Raack <traack@mac.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/2003 12:53:41
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Taylor Raack wrote:

> >I just edited if_aereg.h and changed the values of CT_ to match this
> card.
>
> >Here is what I used:
> >ROM: 0x00030000
> >RAM: 0x00010000
> >REG: 0x00000000
> >NetBSD 1.5 has the RAM and REG values reversed (For a different
> card?)
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to recompile a kernel, nor where to
> locate this
> header file or how to properly edit it.  Does anyone have a 1.6.1
> kernel which has the
> correct memory settings for the cabletron enet card, or could help me
> in compiling
> my own?

Here's a page on tracking current:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/

if that helps.

There have been no changes to "src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev/if_aereg.h"
since the cabletron support was first added, in August of 1998. The
patches were provided by user John Marohn. He may have had a different
card than you. As he declined to supply any "dmesg" output, there's no
way to know.

If you want to see this fixed in NetBSD 2.0, you can help by answering
a couple of questions...

1) What error do you get? (Post "dmesg" output, please.)

2) What post are you responding to?

Frederick