Subject: Cabletron ethernet nubus and 1.6.1
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Taylor Raack <traack@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/2003 17:49:01
Hi, I'm a newbie to NetBSD and I just installed it on a Performa 630
/ Quadra 630
(upgraded to 68040).  I installed from the binaries.  I want to get
my cabletron nubus
ethernet card to work, but alas, netbsd does not recognize the ram in
the card.
I've followed some previous posts about changing ram settings a
source file like so:

>I just edited if_aereg.h and changed the values of CT_ to match this
card.

>Here is what I used:
>ROM: 0x00030000
>RAM: 0x00010000
>REG: 0x00000000
>NetBSD 1.5 has the RAM and REG values reversed (For a different
card?)

Unfortunately, I don't know how to recompile a kernel, nor where to
locate this
header file or how to properly edit it.  Does anyone have a 1.6.1
kernel which has the
correct memory settings for the cabletron enet card, or could help me
in compiling
my own?

Thanks!

Taylor