Subject: Re: ftp.netbsd.org/.../mac68k housecleaning done
To: Frederick Bruckman , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/2003 11:09:37
on 12/21/03 6:32 PM, Frederick Bruckman at fredb@immanent.net wrote:

> As threatened, I took the liberty of cleaning up the mac68k
> directory on ftp.netbsd.org quite a bit:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/
>
> All comments and flames are on topic here, so let it rip. :-)
>
> Frederick

I have seen it an nothing to complain. The newly packaged booter works fine,
uncompresses fine if downloaded with a mac browser and works fine (and
boots). Other old stuff was removed, that is good since it could confuse the
newbie.

Some of the problems of my MacII were that the RAM simms were not perfectly
seated (the connectors broke at the holders). I put in some small pieces of
wood to hold the stright.

I swapon the swap partition before installing...

So right now I have a perfectly working MacII with NetBSD 1.6.1 !

I use the SBC kernel, is this the right thing to do?

I still have to try to use X11 but all seems ok with the oldie but goodie.

I put up my self-made pico-webserver (pser: http://pserv.sf.net, CVS
version) and it is zippy and speedy !

-Ric