Subject: Re: Proposed housecleaning...
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/2003 20:33:08
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Space Case wrote:

> > Now that releng makes public frequent snapshots, would anyone mind
> > if I clean out the year old test kernels, snapshots and associated
> > crust from the mac68k directory on ftp.netbsd.org? ...including
> > wormey's "new" directory, which never has anything new? ;-)
>
> Please don't whack the "new" directory.  If releng is not going to
> build both -release and -current when the next code freeze for version
> update happens (in the past, only the -release (including -alpha, -beta,
> etc.) was built during that time), then I'll be building -current
> snapshots and that's my upload directory.
>
> However, if releng is going to be building both -current and the various
> stages of -release, then I won't need to do any snapshots, and you can
> go ahead and delete it.

Releng builds both, frequently. Check it out:

    http://releng.netbsd.org/
    ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/

After we branch for 2.0, they've said they intend to do release
snapshots weekly, while continuing to build current every few days.

"ftp.netbsd.org:/home" has over 2Gb free, by the way, plenty of room
for other developers to stage pkgsrc bulk builds, so certainly enough
room to stage snapshots, should you feel the need to upload one.

Frederick