Subject: .sea files (was Re: _boothowto)
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/2003 13:00:44
> I seem to remember that it's executable on Mac PowerPC only.

Now see what you made me do. 8-)

     http://www.stuffit.com/win/seabuilder/index.html

It looks like Aladdinsys re-purposed the extension. That probably
earned them a few more raspberries.

Anyway, my memory is that .sea archives were around before stuffit,
which would be before the PPC platform. Perhaps the current
distributions are being compressed by a version of stuffit that no
longer supports PPC/68K fat? If that's the case, can they be opened
with a fat version of stuffit or expander?

(I own stuffit 4.5 and I've never had problems with netbsd 1.5.x;
haven't tried 1.6.x yet, although I probably will pretty soon, now that
I have broadband access.)

reiisi