Subject: Re: IDE support for PB 190
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Damiano Giorgi <damianogiorgi@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/15/2003 00:03:28
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> The IDE support actually went in before 1.6, it was just never
> verified on PB 190, so you might also try 1.6.1 or 1.6.2_RC3, if you
> are so inclined.

I tried with one of the 1.6.1 install kernels and it worked. That is, the
boot process got to the point where it asks for a root device, as I haven't
partitioned and installed yet. It surprised me to see that the PB190's
internal video is supported -- but the keyboard didn't seem to work. As
soon as I have some time, I'm going to attempt an installation using a
serial console. If something interesting happens I'll keep the list posted.

I wonder if someone might be interested in having me test NetBSD on that
machine? If so, do email me! I'm not a programmer, but I'll see what I can
do.

Thanks for the help,

Damiano Giorgi
Florence, Italy