Subject: Re: IDE support for PB 190
To: Damiano Giorgi <damianogiorgi@tiscalinet.it>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/09/2003 08:10:16
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Damiano Giorgi wrote:

> After a long absence I came back to the NetBSD-mac68k web page and read
> that there should be some experimental support for IDE disks. I have an old
> PB 190 and I'd like to try and see if it boots before partitioning the disk
> and attempting an actual installation. Anybody knows where I can find a
> kernel with IDE support compiled in to see if it works?

Try the latest successfully built snapshot:

ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/200311220000/mac68k/installation/instkernel/netbsd-INSTALL.gz

mac68k hasn't caught up with this weeks changes to "wd", so the build
on current is currently broken, but that snapshot should be fine. I'm
currently running a Q630 which has only an IDE drive, with the system
built from sources about the same time as that snapshot.

The IDE support actually went in before 1.6, it was just never
verified on PB 190, so you might also try 1.6.1 or 1.6.2_RC3, if you
are so inclined.

Frederick