Subject: Re: What's the fattest mac SE/30 config?
To: Mattias Sandstrom <mattias@beauty.se>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/07/2003 14:46:30
> > I remember hearing about 128MB of RAM and a 4GB HD. I could be imagining
> > it, though.
>
> mine has 64 megs and a 6 gig hd. this config only uses one simm bank, so
> it can easily be expanded further. 16 meg simms are expensive and hard
> to find though, since they're usually only used in proprietary systems
> like samplers and such. anyway, it's a great web and file server as it is.

Actually, MemoryX sells 16MB SIMMs at not too unreasonable a price -- I
loaded my NetBSD IIci out with 128MB long ago and the thing hardly touches
the drive anymore.

http://www.memoryx.net/

Note: not affiliated, merely a repeat and satisfied customer. Their only
drawback is they're a bit spammy with their mailing lists, which has
earned them a LART or two, but their RAM is high quality.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com