Subject: macos environment
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <kevdig@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/03/2003 16:16:16
Hi,

The booter can pass information to the NetBSD kernel, right?
Can applications get access to this in any way?

Is there a way for a program to figure out which cpu it is
running on? The uname system call works on linux for x86.
Under NetBSD, the highly useful "mac68k" result is returned.
Also on the x86 there is user code that can be run to
determine cpu model (Intel app note 485). Are there similar
routines for 68k? Can we change the uname machine value?
Anybody know what the standards say for the uname machine
value?

I don't suppose we can add anything to the sysctl hw list?
hw.cpu_arch?

kevin