Subject: Re: color X on Quadra 700
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: None <kevdig@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/2003 16:53:21
Hi,

There be color X!!!

Now, same question for the audio (on board audio on Quadra
700).

Also I have some NuBus cards:

	FWB SCSI JackHammer (NCR 53c720)
	Apple 8-24GC (accelerated video card with AMD 29K!)
	MediaVision Pro audio card

I am more than willing to do the work. Just don't know how.
And have very little chance of success without hardware info.

Anybody know what kind of memory modules go in the 8-24GC?

I already asked the next one but got no response, so I'm gonna
try again. This system has a 128k PDS L2 cache card made by
Diimo in it. When enabled, the system crashes eventually. When
it is not crashing, it is anywhere from 0 to 50% faster. The
pkgsrc bytebench went from 2.2 to 2.7. I think the bogomaze
value went up by 6%. x11perf tests ranged from 0 to 1.5+
(x11perfcomp -r). In short, the performance gain is enough to
want to get this working, if possible. Some of the 68k hp
workstations have some code dealing with l2 caches. Now if
someone could just explain why a 25 MHz computer can benefit
from an L2 cache ...

And the bonus question, anybody know where I can get a TI
TMS34020 programming manual (for an EISA video card)?

Thanks!

kevin

Oh, and I figured out how to make the setitimer thing work. I
was not setting the flags member. Still can't get SIGIO to
work as I expect.