Subject: Re: color X on Quadra 700
To: , <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/28/2003 09:53:57
on 11/27/03 10:31 PM, kevdig@rcn.com at kevdig@rcn.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me what is necessary to get color X working on
> my Quadra 700? If it involves software archeology using
> MacsBug, can someone post a brief description of the
> procedure?
>
> Thanks!
>
> kevin

AFAIK, here was an X color server that "worked out of the box" but it was
for some older NetBSD version so I had troubles running it the last time I
tried. Right now hoewer my only running BSD mac is headless and the othe mac
isn't supported (IIfx and Quadra950) :-(
Beware that you had to set the color depth in MacOS before booting into
NetBSD and that the server was unaccelerated (=dog slow on high resolution
with 8bit color or more)

-R