Subject: serial input on a laserwriter ?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/2003 18:34:14
[ please keep me in Cc, I'm not subscribed to port-mac68k ]

Hi,
sorry for the somewhat off topic post (although the printer in question would
be connected to a NetBSD box, of course :)

Can the serial port on a laserwriter (to be more precise, a personal
laserwriter 320) be used as a regular serial port to send plain postscript,
or do we have to talk appletalk on it ?
This printer doesn't have parallel input.

The other way to be able to use this printer would be a appletalk<->ethertalk
gateway, but I don't have one handy ...