Subject: Re: sn0: receive FIFO overrun
To: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
From: James William Pye <flaw@rhid.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/2003 13:42:47
--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

Greets,

	This may not be your issue, but apache would appear to hang on me while lo=
ading the auth_digest_module, but it was just generating the secret for dig=
est authentication. The server was fairly fast, although it was a jailed en=
vironment(shared), so I can imagine that apache would do the same thing--if=
 not longer/worse--on a slow 68k box. If you don't use auth_digest_module, =
just comment out the line that loads it and see if that helps..
	I wouldn't know if the FIFO overruns are related or not.

Regards,

		James Pye

On 10/21/03:42/2, chris wrote:
> I've got a machine that every time it reboots from a power failure Apache
> gets hung. I've not been able to track down the problem to Apache as the
> Apache logs don't indicate any errors. If I SSH into the box and stop
> apache and then restart it, it works fine. Also, sometimes if I do a
> reboot of the box Apache will start fine (but sometimes it won't).
>=20
> Everytime the box reboots from a power failure, Apache hangs (or really,
> just doesn't serve pages, it actually appears to start just fine, its
> just deaf).
>=20
> I did notice that in my dmesg, the last line is "sn0: receive FIFO
> overrun". I know sn0 is my ethernet port. Why would I get a FIFO overrun?
> Would this have anything to do with Apache not starting properly? Is the
> FIFO overrun something I should be worried about, and if so, any ideas
> how to fix it?

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--