Subject: sn0: receive FIFO overrun
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: chris <cb@mythtech.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/2003 16:01:52
I've got a machine that every time it reboots from a power failure Apache
gets hung. I've not been able to track down the problem to Apache as the
Apache logs don't indicate any errors. If I SSH into the box and stop
apache and then restart it, it works fine. Also, sometimes if I do a
reboot of the box Apache will start fine (but sometimes it won't).

Everytime the box reboots from a power failure, Apache hangs (or really,
just doesn't serve pages, it actually appears to start just fine, its
just deaf).

I did notice that in my dmesg, the last line is "sn0: receive FIFO
overrun". I know sn0 is my ethernet port. Why would I get a FIFO overrun?
Would this have anything to do with Apache not starting properly? Is the
FIFO overrun something I should be worried about, and if so, any ideas
how to fix it?

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

w + p =3D -=83