Subject: Re: quadra650
To: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/27/2003 23:08:29
At 21:13 Uhr +0200 27.9.2003, pancake wrote:
>I have a quadra650, with macos7.5 installed. [...]
>
>I put miniaui-rj45 to the quadra650 and plug it to the LAN. In the NetBSD
>gateway of my LAN and the linux laptop I have already installed and
>configured afpd, atalkd...

If the Quadra has enough memory, you should get OpenTransport 1.3.

Make sure you have the correct interface selected (iirc, there is a control
panel called 'Network' or somesuch) -- you want Ethernet/EtherTalk, not the
printer port.

If you can, set up a dhcp server in the network, then the MacOS setup gets
easier. On the other hand, you'd need the MAC address of the Mac, first
(option-click somewhere in the MacTCP panel).

Can you see anything in the chooser?

>I use macTCP to configure their IP: 192.168.0.33 but I cannot ping it :/

Can you give details about the MacTCP setup, please?

>mac doesn't have any more utility to confiure it's network.

Yep. AppleTalk "just works".

>I couldnt reinstall macos7.5 because I couldn't dump the disk images using
>a PC :/

Shouldn't be necessary. This is not Windows(tm).

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email