Subject: Re: SE/30 screen saver (black screen?)
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Jon Fullmer <jon@jonfullmer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/09/2003 21:17:33
Perfect!  That's correct.  I am NOT running X (which was one of my
frustrations; other solutions assume you are running X).  This appears to b=
exactly what I need.  Now I have one more hurdle, though:

When I run screenblank, it doesn't appear to run, and I find this entry in
the log:

Sep  9 21:07:59 hans screenblank: Can't set video on `/dev/ttyE0'
(Inappropriate ioctl for device)
Sep  9 21:08:00 hans screenblank: No frame buffer devices, exiting

Now, I know I can set the frame buffer device using the -f switch, but I'm
really not sure what to set it to. "/dev/ttyE0" is the present terminal at
boot.  I would think that to be the appropriate frame buffer.

Any suggestions?

 - Jon