Subject: Resurrecting a dead SE/30?
To: NetBSD mac68k port list <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/21/2003 23:38:03
Hello all.

I have run into an unfortunate failure mode with my SE/30.

I was messing around with some of my old code, trying to get it to work
properly. And it did work, after a fashion. Unfortunately, something went
very wrong about then, and now my SE/30 is trashed.

When I turn it on, it comes up with a pattern of horizontal stripes,
about 4 pixels thick, for the entire display area. It doesn't do anything
else after that.

I removed the battery from the mainboard in the hopes that that would
help, but it didn't.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone, and does anyone have any
advice for how to get this mac working again?

Thanks in advance.

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net