Subject: Fun with the LC040 distribution
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Terence Tan <terence@calroth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/15/2003 22:34:11
--Apple-Mail-2-1039273271

First, huge kudos to Bruce O'Neel, John Klos, and everybody else
involved in the LC040 production.

I put it on my Performa 630 today (actually a mutant... a 580
motherboard in a 6200 case). Pulled out the CD-ROM drive and replaced
it with a SCSI hard drive (now mounted at /usr), to complement the
existing IDE drive.

Much to my surprise, the sysinst kernel works. It used to bail out at
newfs with some error, but I guess being built with -msoft-float helps
that. Although I'm sure it's not laying down as many superblocks as it
should be, maybe it's not reading the disk geometry right.

Anyway, it's now installed and seems to be problem-free. Currently
grabbing pkgsrc from CVS. It's great :-)

  -Terence Tan

--Apple-Mail-2-1039273271
	name=PGP.sig
content-disposition: inline