Subject: Re: sysinst installing to two drives
To: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
From: Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/30/2003 10:59:41
> Maybe I am missing something (as usual) but here goes.
> Does sysinst have a way to specify an installation to multiple drives on my system?
> It detected that I had two drives, but asked me which one of them to install on.
> I had them both pre-partitioned and ready to go, and assumed I'd get a list of
> _all_ visible partitions when it came time to assign mount points.
> If I have to do a Traditional install to do this, that's fine.

I've never done this, so I'm shooting in the dark here, but I'm thinking
what you would want to do is mount the raw partitions by hand before
starting the install:

    mount /dev/sd1g /usr
    mount /dev/sd2d /var

for instance.

But I'm also trying to remember if the problems with multiple drives was
openBSD or netBSD.

> I apologize for the irregular wrapping and quoting.  I use MS Outlook.

Heh. My sympathies.

--
Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp>